Policy and Principles
Asiko is committed to providing a positive economic, environmental and social impact to the communities in which we operate, and to the provision of a viable gas alternative to oil and wood fuels for power generation.
Asiko is committed to the principles of Corporate Social Responsibility and to applying those principles to our business to ensure the sustainable development for our industry and the wider communities in which we operate.
The principles adopted reflect both our key areas of impact: customers and partners, employees, environment and community and our core values of integrity, social responsibility, people and safety.
Customers and Partners
- To be open, honest and transparent in all our dealings with our stakeholders.
- To operate in such a way with our customers and partners that we maximize the benefits of gas power generation and share and exchange best practice and knowledge.
- To provide, wherever practical, opportunities to local content/suppliers.
- To attract and employ the best people, encourage and support their development, and reward their success and loyalty wherever possible.
- To promote safe working practices for the protection of both staff and contractors and achieve the highest standards of health and safety performance.
- To maximise the benefits of gas power plants as an alternative energy source to oil and wood fuels.
- To measure and manage our environmental performance.
- To bring a positive benefit to the communities in which we operate.
- To minimise our impact on the local environment.
Asiko is committed to the provision of a positive contribution to the environment both through its general operations in the gas power generation sector, and also from a commitment to the continuous improvement of its management of natural resources, minimisation of waste, engagement of our employees and avoidance of pollution.
Asiko is also committed to promoting awareness among stakeholders, including the public, of the environmental benefits of gas power generation.
- To comply with all relevant environmental legislation
- Prevent pollution and reduce any adverse impact of the company’s operations on the environment
- To have the necessary control measures in place to protect the natural environment and conserve natural resources.
- Look to minimise emissions of noise, air pollution and waste products.
- To ensure all employees have suitable and sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision to act with due consideration for the environment.
- We will require all contractors working on our behalf to meet with an equal standard of care for the environment.
- The assessment of the environmental impact of any new site development.
- To liaise with the local authority and other stakeholder groups as appropriate on major new projects.
- To continually monitor the environmental impact of our operation, review performance and set environmental objectives as appropriate